Bulandshahr: Mob torches buses as man missing after police grilling
Lucknow: A mob Tuesday went on the rampage, setting four roadways buses on fire, attacking policemen and damaging public property in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district after a man detained by the cops there went missing, police said.
Police fired several rounds in the air to disperse the mob protesting against the disappearance of Salimuddin, 28, from police custody.
Salimuddin, a resident of Partapur village in Bulandshahr district, was detained by police Sunday in connection with a theft case.
Local residents alleged that police killed Salimuddin during interrogation and dumped his body at an unknown place.
"Additional security personnel, including those from the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC), have been deployed in Bulandshahr," Superintendent of Police Nilesh Kumar told reporters in Bulandshahr.
"An enquiry has been initiated in the case. A team has been constituted to find Salimuddin. If the charges against the policemen are found true, stern action would be taken against them," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report