Bulandshahr: Mob torches buses as man missing after police grilling
Lucknow: A mob Tuesday went on the rampage, setting four roadways buses on fire, attacking policemen and damaging public property in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district after a man detained by the cops there went missing, police said.
Police fired several rounds in the air to disperse the mob protesting against the disappearance of Salimuddin, 28, from police custody.
Salimuddin, a resident of Partapur village in Bulandshahr district, was detained by police Sunday in connection with a theft case.
Local residents alleged that police killed Salimuddin during interrogation and dumped his body at an unknown place.
"Additional security personnel, including those from the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC), have been deployed in Bulandshahr," Superintendent of Police Nilesh Kumar told reporters in Bulandshahr.
"An enquiry has been initiated in the case. A team has been constituted to find Salimuddin. If the charges against the policemen are found true, stern action would be taken against them," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Sachin Saga: Tendulkar set to appear in world of digital gaming
- I share a good rapport with team members: Anil Kumble
- Sonia to flag off bus yatra to UP on July 23
- MS Dhoni to mentor talent with Craig McDermott's cricket academy in Australia
- Gujarat Dalit flogging incident: Four police officials suspended, says Rajnath Singh