Bureaucrats acting as BSP spokesperson: Oppn
Lucknow: Taking exception to UP Principal
Secretary announcing the suspension of a BSP MLA from party,
opposition parties on Friday alleged that senior bureaucrats were
acting as "spokesmen" for the ruling party and demanded stern
action them for "flouting service rules".
Referring to the Principal Secretary, Home, Kunwar
Fateh Bahadur`s statement on suspension of BSP MLA Shanawaz
Rana in connection with a rape bid case in Muzaffarnagar,
Congress spokesman Subodh Srivasatava said that announcements
regarding party affairs by an IAS officer is an open violation
of service rules for government officials .
"Only recently cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar
Singh had criticised the Prime Minister at a press
conference," Srivasatava said, adding that Chief Minister
Mayawati "forces her officials to face tricky questions from
the media and they cross all limits in order to please her".
The Samajwadi Party said that such officials have
undermined the dignity of bureaucracy and action must be taken
against them for their "misconduct".
"Bureaucrats who act as partymen are the only ones
who have survived in this government and have remained in
powerful positions in the past four years of Mayawati
government," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
BJP spokesman Vijay Pathak said that before Fateh
Bahadur, the cabinet secretary had often made announcements
related to party affairs such as the suspension of Banda MLA
Purshottam Dwivedi from the BSP.
"Such an act shows the deterioration of standards in
the bureaucracy and its politicisation by leaders like
Mayawati," Pathak said.
Earlier today, Fateh Bahadur had at a press
conference announced Chief Minister Maywati`s decision to
suspend BSP MLA from Bijnore Shahnawaz Rana from the party.
"Ms. Mayawati has also directed that Rana should not
be invited and allowed to enter in any of the party functions"
the Home Secretary had stated.
Action against Rana has come following the arrest of
his and his wife`s security aides in Muzaffarnagar for rape
bid on two Delhi girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter