Burning case: Accused SP MLA flees to Nepal
Mahrajganj (UP): Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Sripat Azad, who has been booked for allegedly setting his lover ablaze, has fled to Nepal, claimed reports on Thursday.
The SP MLA was absconding ever since an FIR was lodged against him by the victim`s minor son at the Kotwali Police Station here late last night.
Azad is alleged to have thrown some highly inflammable substance on the woman and set her on fire.
The woman received serious burn injuries in the incident and was immediately admitted to the Gorakhpur Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Her condition is still stated to be serious.
Police has been trying to ascertain the whereabouts of the SP leader and now reports emerging from the area suggest that he has fled to Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why