Burning case: Accused SP MLA flees to Nepal
Mahrajganj (UP): Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Sripat Azad, who has been booked for allegedly setting his lover ablaze, has fled to Nepal, claimed reports on Thursday.
The SP MLA was absconding ever since an FIR was lodged against him by the victim`s minor son at the Kotwali Police Station here late last night.
Azad is alleged to have thrown some highly inflammable substance on the woman and set her on fire.
The woman received serious burn injuries in the incident and was immediately admitted to the Gorakhpur Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Her condition is still stated to be serious.
Police has been trying to ascertain the whereabouts of the SP leader and now reports emerging from the area suggest that he has fled to Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey