Burning case: Accused SP MLA flees to Nepal
Mahrajganj (UP): Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Sripat Azad, who has been booked for allegedly setting his lover ablaze, has fled to Nepal, claimed reports on Thursday.
The SP MLA was absconding ever since an FIR was lodged against him by the victim`s minor son at the Kotwali Police Station here late last night.
Azad is alleged to have thrown some highly inflammable substance on the woman and set her on fire.
The woman received serious burn injuries in the incident and was immediately admitted to the Gorakhpur Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Her condition is still stated to be serious.
Police has been trying to ascertain the whereabouts of the SP leader and now reports emerging from the area suggest that he has fled to Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell