Burning case: Accused SP MLA flees to Nepal
Mahrajganj (UP): Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Sripat Azad, who has been booked for allegedly setting his lover ablaze, has fled to Nepal, claimed reports on Thursday.
The SP MLA was absconding ever since an FIR was lodged against him by the victim`s minor son at the Kotwali Police Station here late last night.
Azad is alleged to have thrown some highly inflammable substance on the woman and set her on fire.
The woman received serious burn injuries in the incident and was immediately admitted to the Gorakhpur Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Her condition is still stated to be serious.
Police has been trying to ascertain the whereabouts of the SP leader and now reports emerging from the area suggest that he has fled to Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror