Bus mishap toll in UP climbs to 22
Etah (UP): With one more person succumbing to injuries, the death toll in the roadways bus mishap here today rose to 22 even as a search was on for some missing passengers.
The roadways bus fell into a canal in Pilua area here on Sunday night when the driver lost control over the vehicle.
A hunt is on for some missing passengers, police said.
Meanwhile, the transport department has announced compensation of Rs 50,000 to the kin of those killed and Rs 5000 to the injured.
From the Chief Minister`s relief fund, Rs one lakh will be given to the kin of those killed while Rs 20,000 for the injured.
A magisterial probe has already been ordered into the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan