Bus mishap toll in UP climbs to 22
Etah (UP): With one more person succumbing to injuries, the death toll in the roadways bus mishap here today rose to 22 even as a search was on for some missing passengers.
The roadways bus fell into a canal in Pilua area here on Sunday night when the driver lost control over the vehicle.
A hunt is on for some missing passengers, police said.
Meanwhile, the transport department has announced compensation of Rs 50,000 to the kin of those killed and Rs 5000 to the injured.
From the Chief Minister`s relief fund, Rs one lakh will be given to the kin of those killed while Rs 20,000 for the injured.
A magisterial probe has already been ordered into the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre