Bus mows down four in UP
Lucknow: Four people were killed and four others injured in Uttar Pradesh`s Barabanki town on Thursday when a speeding state roadways bus rammed into an auto-rickshaw packed with devotees on their way to the Deva Shareef shrine.
The accident took place near the Naveen Sabzi Mandi in Barabanki, on the outskirts of this state capital, when a speeding Uttar Pradesh State Roadways Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus rammed into the auto.
The incident led to angry relatives staging a sit-in and blocking the road.
Inspector General (IG) Lucknow Subhash Chandra told a news agency that angry locals also went on the rampage and smashed window panes of several government buses after the accident. They also damaged others vehicles that drove past.
Heavy police reinforcements were sent to clear the road and to pacify the irate mob. The traffic jam was later cleared and the bodies sent for autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari makes quarterfinal exit as no Indian left in individual events
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector