Bus mows down four in UP
Lucknow: Four people were killed and four others injured in Uttar Pradesh`s Barabanki town on Thursday when a speeding state roadways bus rammed into an auto-rickshaw packed with devotees on their way to the Deva Shareef shrine.
The accident took place near the Naveen Sabzi Mandi in Barabanki, on the outskirts of this state capital, when a speeding Uttar Pradesh State Roadways Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus rammed into the auto.
The incident led to angry relatives staging a sit-in and blocking the road.
Inspector General (IG) Lucknow Subhash Chandra told a news agency that angry locals also went on the rampage and smashed window panes of several government buses after the accident. They also damaged others vehicles that drove past.
Heavy police reinforcements were sent to clear the road and to pacify the irate mob. The traffic jam was later cleared and the bodies sent for autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof