Bus mows down four in UP
Lucknow: Four people were killed and four others injured in Uttar Pradesh`s Barabanki town on Thursday when a speeding state roadways bus rammed into an auto-rickshaw packed with devotees on their way to the Deva Shareef shrine.
The accident took place near the Naveen Sabzi Mandi in Barabanki, on the outskirts of this state capital, when a speeding Uttar Pradesh State Roadways Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus rammed into the auto.
The incident led to angry relatives staging a sit-in and blocking the road.
Inspector General (IG) Lucknow Subhash Chandra told a news agency that angry locals also went on the rampage and smashed window panes of several government buses after the accident. They also damaged others vehicles that drove past.
Heavy police reinforcements were sent to clear the road and to pacify the irate mob. The traffic jam was later cleared and the bodies sent for autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love