Businessman kidnapped for ransom in UP
Etawah (UP): A dairy business owner was kidnapped here by six armed persons, who later gave a ransom call to his family demanding Rs 40 lakh for his release.
The car-borne kidnappers abducted businessman Rajesh Tewari, a resident of Havra village of the district, and his helper from the Etawah-Mainpuri road last night, police said on Wednesday.
They later released the helper near Balrai area, after which he narrated the sequence of events to the police, they said.
Tiwari`s wife has received a ransom call demanding Rs 40 lakh for his husband`s release, they said, adding that efforts are on to get the businessman released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border