Businessman kidnapped for ransom in UP
Etawah (UP): A dairy business owner was kidnapped here by six armed persons, who later gave a ransom call to his family demanding Rs 40 lakh for his release.
The car-borne kidnappers abducted businessman Rajesh Tewari, a resident of Havra village of the district, and his helper from the Etawah-Mainpuri road last night, police said on Wednesday.
They later released the helper near Balrai area, after which he narrated the sequence of events to the police, they said.
Tiwari`s wife has received a ransom call demanding Rs 40 lakh for his husband`s release, they said, adding that efforts are on to get the businessman released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip