Businessman kidnapped for ransom in UP
Etawah (UP): A dairy business owner was kidnapped here by six armed persons, who later gave a ransom call to his family demanding Rs 40 lakh for his release.
The car-borne kidnappers abducted businessman Rajesh Tewari, a resident of Havra village of the district, and his helper from the Etawah-Mainpuri road last night, police said on Wednesday.
They later released the helper near Balrai area, after which he narrated the sequence of events to the police, they said.
Tiwari`s wife has received a ransom call demanding Rs 40 lakh for his husband`s release, they said, adding that efforts are on to get the businessman released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!