Businessman kidnapped for ransom in UP
Etawah (UP): A dairy business owner was kidnapped here by six armed persons, who later gave a ransom call to his family demanding Rs 40 lakh for his release.
The car-borne kidnappers abducted businessman Rajesh Tewari, a resident of Havra village of the district, and his helper from the Etawah-Mainpuri road last night, police said on Wednesday.
They later released the helper near Balrai area, after which he narrated the sequence of events to the police, they said.
Tiwari`s wife has received a ransom call demanding Rs 40 lakh for his husband`s release, they said, adding that efforts are on to get the businessman released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation