Bypoll for Kannauj Lok Sabha seat on June 24
New Delhi: Bye-election to Kannauj Lok Sabha seat vacated by Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav will be held on June 24, the Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
Announcing the schedule, the EC said polling for the seat would be held between 7 AM to 5 PM on June 24 and the counting would be taken up on June 27.
The Commission said the notification for the bypoll would be out on May 30 and the last date for filing nominations is June 6 and after scrutiny the next day the last date for withdrawal of nominations is on June 9.
The Commission also announced the Model Code of Conduct would come into force with immediate effect in the district(s) in which the whole or any part of the Lok Sabha constituency going for bye-election is included.
Akhilesh Yadav resigned from the seat following his taking over as chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city