Bypoll for Kannauj Lok Sabha seat on June 24
New Delhi: Bye-election to Kannauj Lok Sabha seat vacated by Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav will be held on June 24, the Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
Announcing the schedule, the EC said polling for the seat would be held between 7 AM to 5 PM on June 24 and the counting would be taken up on June 27.
The Commission said the notification for the bypoll would be out on May 30 and the last date for filing nominations is June 6 and after scrutiny the next day the last date for withdrawal of nominations is on June 9.
The Commission also announced the Model Code of Conduct would come into force with immediate effect in the district(s) in which the whole or any part of the Lok Sabha constituency going for bye-election is included.
Akhilesh Yadav resigned from the seat following his taking over as chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray