CA student commits suicide in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 21-year-old CA student committed suicide in front of his parents by laying on a railway track minutes before a train arrived in Kavinagar area here, police said on Thursday.
"Rahul took the extreme step yesterday after being scolded by his parents over poor performance in exams," they said.
According to the police, Rahul`s father Rajesh Bali scolded him yesterday for not scoring good marks in the Chartered Accountancy exam. Thereafter, he had been upset and decided to leave the house.
"Parents called up Rahul and asked him to come back as he has left the house after being scolded. Rahul told them that he is going towards railway tracks to commit suicide," said a senior police officer.
He added that Rahul`s parents tried to convince him, but he didn`t relent. They rushed towards Ghaziabad railway station and spotted him lying on a railway track. By the time they could pulled him from the track, a speeding train crushed him to death.
The body has been sent for the post-mortem and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31