CAG should offer suggestions to improve environment: Ansari
Bhadohi: A local court here awarded life imprisonment to a former village head and his brother for abducting and murdering a cinema hall owner three years ago.
According to prosecution sources, Vridhi Narayan Pandey alias Jajjy, former pradhan of Jagatpur village, and his brother Nar Narayan Pandey had abducted Anil Kumar Pandey from his cinema hall in Gopiganj police station area on March 5, 2010, after he refused to pay extortion money.
When the family members launched a hunt and reached the carpet factory where Anil Kumar was kept, the brothers shot him dead and fled. The two accused later surrendered before the court.
After hearing both the sides, Additional District Judge Pramod Kumar Srivastava yesterday awarded life sentence to the duo, besides imposing a fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley