Call center employee crushed to death by speeding tanker
Ghaziabad: A 24-year-old call center employee died after a speeding tanker hit his motorcycle in Vijay Nagar area here, police said on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Daman Kumar, who lived with his family in Bharat Nagar area of the district.
The incident took place when Kumar, who worked with a call center situated in Noida Sector 62, was returning home from his office last night.
Kumar suffered severe head injuries and was rushed to a nearby private hospital where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival.
According to eyewitnesses, the tanker was speeding and the driver was in an inebriated state.
After hitting Kumar from behind, the tanker driver fled from the spot.
"We have got the registration number of the killer vehicle and the driver would be arrested soon," said a senior police officer.
A case has been registered against the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming