Call center employee crushed to death by speeding tanker
Ghaziabad: A 24-year-old call center employee died after a speeding tanker hit his motorcycle in Vijay Nagar area here, police said on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Daman Kumar, who lived with his family in Bharat Nagar area of the district.
The incident took place when Kumar, who worked with a call center situated in Noida Sector 62, was returning home from his office last night.
Kumar suffered severe head injuries and was rushed to a nearby private hospital where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival.
According to eyewitnesses, the tanker was speeding and the driver was in an inebriated state.
After hitting Kumar from behind, the tanker driver fled from the spot.
"We have got the registration number of the killer vehicle and the driver would be arrested soon," said a senior police officer.
A case has been registered against the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing