Campaigning ends for by-polls in UP
Lucknow: Campaigning for by-polls to one
Lok Sabha and 11 assembly seats in Uttar Pradesh ended today
on a hectic note with star campaigners of political parties
cris-crossing the state to muster support for their
"A total of 177 candidates are in the fray for the
November seven by-election to 12 constituencies, including the
Firozabad parliamentary seat," a state election department
A total of 5,616 polling stations have been set at
3,682 centres to facilitate the polling.
"Nearly 1900 polling stations have been identified as
critical where special security arrangements will be made
along with deployment of micro observers and video cameras,"
the official said.
He said 2,300 micro observers, 700 sector magistrates
and 90 zonal magistrates will be deployed on poll duty as the
Election Commission has also appointed 16 central observers.
In Firozabad, where Congress` politician-turned-actor
Raj Babbar is pitched against SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s
daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav, the EC has deployed five
observers. The constituency has 49 lakh electorate, including
22.36 lakh female voters.
"To maintain law and order, adequate central para
military force, armed forces of other states and PAC would be
deployed. All district electoral officers have been directed
to keep a vigil on possible attempts to influence voters
through distribution of money, liquor among others," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference