Cancer-hit doctor kills daughter, shoots self
Lucknow: A doctor on Friday first shot dead his six-year-old daughter and then turned the gun on himself in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
Superintendent of Police Rakesh Singh said Lakhan Singh, based in Firozabad, was suffering from cancer.
Depressed, he shot his daughter Siddhi in his house and then shot himself. He was said to be in critical condition in the neighbouring town of Agra.
The doctor`s wife who rushed to the house after hearing gun shots found her daughter slumped on the floor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet