Cancer-hit doctor kills daughter, shoots self
Lucknow: A doctor on Friday first shot dead his six-year-old daughter and then turned the gun on himself in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
Superintendent of Police Rakesh Singh said Lakhan Singh, based in Firozabad, was suffering from cancer.
Depressed, he shot his daughter Siddhi in his house and then shot himself. He was said to be in critical condition in the neighbouring town of Agra.
The doctor`s wife who rushed to the house after hearing gun shots found her daughter slumped on the floor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!