Carrot halwa at wedding leaves guests sick

At least a dozen people were admitted to a hospital for suspected food poisoning after they had carrot halwa at a wedding

Last Updated: Dec 05, 2011, 14:41 PM IST

Meerut: At least a dozen people were admitted
to a hospital for suspected food poisoning after they had
carrot halwa at a wedding near here, police said on Monday.

"The wedding procession had started from Rajand village
in Kaithal district in Haryana and reached Jithauli village
near Chhota Hasanpur on Sunday. Around a dozen of them fell
sick after they were served carrot halwa previous to their
departure," District Police spokesperson said.

Those affected have been admitted to a hospital and
discharged once they were out of danger, he said.

Meanwhile, the cause of food-poisoning is being probed
and a sample of the dish has been sent for testing. "There
could have been some problem with the carrot halwa, a sample
has been sent for investigation," Food security Officer, P K
Jain said.

PTI