Case against NHAI officials in UP bus mishap
Muzaffarnagar: A case was Tuesday registered against officials of National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) for poor maintenance of a particular stretch which led to a bus mishap claiming six lives.
An FIR has also been lodged against the erring truck driver on a complaint filed by a Uttar Pradesh Roadways driver in this regard, police said.
The mishap occurred yesterday when an over-loaded truck overturned on a UP Roadways bus carrying pilgrims on the Delhi-Dehra Dun national highway here.
Six persons were killed and 40 others injured in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'