Case against six cops for ill-treating SP MP
Allahabad: A case has been registered here against six policemen and two RPF personnel for allegedly misbehaving with a Samajwadi Party MP upon his arrival at railway station here for boarding a train, police said Thursday.
"Cases have been registered against four personnel of the Provincial Armed Constabulary and two of the district police, who have been identified, besides a couple of unnamed Railway Protection Force men for alleged misbehaviour with Lok Sabha member Shailendra Kumar," DIG (Railway), Allahabad, Lalji Shukla, said.
Kumar had reportedly arrived at the station on Tuesday night to board New Delhi-bound Prayagraj Express. Tight security arrangements were in place at the heavily-crowded Allahabad Junction as thousands of people were visiting the city, or returning, every day in view of the ongoing `Maha Kumbh` congregation, sources in the SP said.
The sources alleged that when the MP tried to reach the platform through the `VIP gate`, he was stopped by some men in uniform and they refused to budge even after Kumar, who represents the Kaushambi constituency, showed them his identity card.
This was followed by a heated exchange between the Lok Sabha member`s supporters, who had come to see him off, and the security personnel, who allegedly manhandled some of the party workers.
"Later, the MP boarded the train and left for the national capital after verbally complaining about the incident to the Inspector of Government Railway Police," SP (Railway), Allahabad, Ramashankar said.
"The GRP inspector later brought the matter to the notice of higher officials. The matter involved a Member of Parliament, hence an FIR was lodged last night notwithstanding absence of a written complaint," Ramashankar said.
"Investigation is on in the matter and if the personnel of PAC and district police, who have been named, are found guilty of any wrongdoing, they may have to face department action. Efforts are on to identify the RPF men as well," Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown