Case against six cops for ill-treating SP MP
Allahabad: A case has been registered here against six policemen and two RPF personnel for allegedly misbehaving with a Samajwadi Party MP upon his arrival at railway station here for boarding a train, police said Thursday.
"Cases have been registered against four personnel of the Provincial Armed Constabulary and two of the district police, who have been identified, besides a couple of unnamed Railway Protection Force men for alleged misbehaviour with Lok Sabha member Shailendra Kumar," DIG (Railway), Allahabad, Lalji Shukla, said.
Kumar had reportedly arrived at the station on Tuesday night to board New Delhi-bound Prayagraj Express. Tight security arrangements were in place at the heavily-crowded Allahabad Junction as thousands of people were visiting the city, or returning, every day in view of the ongoing `Maha Kumbh` congregation, sources in the SP said.
The sources alleged that when the MP tried to reach the platform through the `VIP gate`, he was stopped by some men in uniform and they refused to budge even after Kumar, who represents the Kaushambi constituency, showed them his identity card.
This was followed by a heated exchange between the Lok Sabha member`s supporters, who had come to see him off, and the security personnel, who allegedly manhandled some of the party workers.
"Later, the MP boarded the train and left for the national capital after verbally complaining about the incident to the Inspector of Government Railway Police," SP (Railway), Allahabad, Ramashankar said.
"The GRP inspector later brought the matter to the notice of higher officials. The matter involved a Member of Parliament, hence an FIR was lodged last night notwithstanding absence of a written complaint," Ramashankar said.
"Investigation is on in the matter and if the personnel of PAC and district police, who have been named, are found guilty of any wrongdoing, they may have to face department action. Efforts are on to identify the RPF men as well," Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day