Case against six cops for ill-treating SP MP
Allahabad: A case has been registered here against six policemen and two RPF personnel for allegedly misbehaving with a Samajwadi Party MP upon his arrival at railway station here for boarding a train, police said Thursday.
"Cases have been registered against four personnel of the Provincial Armed Constabulary and two of the district police, who have been identified, besides a couple of unnamed Railway Protection Force men for alleged misbehaviour with Lok Sabha member Shailendra Kumar," DIG (Railway), Allahabad, Lalji Shukla, said.
Kumar had reportedly arrived at the station on Tuesday night to board New Delhi-bound Prayagraj Express. Tight security arrangements were in place at the heavily-crowded Allahabad Junction as thousands of people were visiting the city, or returning, every day in view of the ongoing `Maha Kumbh` congregation, sources in the SP said.
The sources alleged that when the MP tried to reach the platform through the `VIP gate`, he was stopped by some men in uniform and they refused to budge even after Kumar, who represents the Kaushambi constituency, showed them his identity card.
This was followed by a heated exchange between the Lok Sabha member`s supporters, who had come to see him off, and the security personnel, who allegedly manhandled some of the party workers.
"Later, the MP boarded the train and left for the national capital after verbally complaining about the incident to the Inspector of Government Railway Police," SP (Railway), Allahabad, Ramashankar said.
"The GRP inspector later brought the matter to the notice of higher officials. The matter involved a Member of Parliament, hence an FIR was lodged last night notwithstanding absence of a written complaint," Ramashankar said.
"Investigation is on in the matter and if the personnel of PAC and district police, who have been named, are found guilty of any wrongdoing, they may have to face department action. Efforts are on to identify the RPF men as well," Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant