Case against SP national VP for threatening dist officials
Muzaffarnagar: A criminal case has been lodged against SP national vice president and former union minister Rasheed Masood for allegedly threating public servants at a rally in Saharanpur, police said Wednesday.
"Police have registered a case against SP leader Rasheed Masood for threating the officers of district authorities in his speech at a party rally yesterday under section 144, 188, 189 and 505 of IPC," SSP of Saharanpur Amit Chandra told reporters today.
Masood allegedly threatened injuries to the district authorities at a `seni sammelan` that was addressed by SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at Saharanpur yesterday.
However, SP leaders has alleged that party workers are being harassed by district authorities by implicating false cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars