Case against SP national VP for threatening dist officials
Muzaffarnagar: A criminal case has been lodged against SP national vice president and former union minister Rasheed Masood for allegedly threating public servants at a rally in Saharanpur, police said Wednesday.
"Police have registered a case against SP leader Rasheed Masood for threating the officers of district authorities in his speech at a party rally yesterday under section 144, 188, 189 and 505 of IPC," SSP of Saharanpur Amit Chandra told reporters today.
Masood allegedly threatened injuries to the district authorities at a `seni sammelan` that was addressed by SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at Saharanpur yesterday.
However, SP leaders has alleged that party workers are being harassed by district authorities by implicating false cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'