Case against SP workers for violating poll code
Mainpuri (UP): A case has been registered
against over 200 SP workers, including a former MLC, for
allegedly violating the model code of conduct.
The FIR was registered against former chairman of a
corporation, Darshan Singh Yadav, former MLC Subhash Chandra
Yadav and chairman, Karhal Nagar Panchayat, among others for
holding an election meeting in Mainpuri on Sunday without permission,
Elections to 403-member UP Assembly will be held in
February in seven phases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves