Case lodged against six BJP leaders for `hate speech`
Aligarh: A case has been lodged against six BJP leaders for alleged "hate speech" during a party meeting in Chandaus area, police said here on Saturday.
A case has been lodged against senior BJP leader Satish Gautam, district president of the BJP Yuva Morcha Yatin Dixit and four others for delivering a hate speech during a party meeting there yesterday, they said.
Gautam had addressed a party worker convention at Chandaus town last evening, in which he allegedly used "offensive" and "derogatory" remarks against a particular community.
As news of the speech trickled out, a large number of members of the community gathered at the spot and protested against it. Later, police officials were called in to defuse the situation.
Meanwhile, the BJP activists at Chandaus have submitted a written complaint against 12 members of the community for trying to disturb peace during the meeting of the party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you