Case of conspiracy to murder filed against Raja Bhaiya
Pratapgarh: Embroiled in the Kunda triple murder case, former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh has now been booked for conspiring to kill a witness of a kidnapping case registered against him.
A case of conspiracy to murder was lodged against Singh in Sangramgarh police station, which falls under Lalganj circle area of the district last night, police said.
"One Diwakar Tewari of Lakhpeda village lodged an FIR against Raja Bhaiya, his cousin Akshay Pratap Singh (MLC) and four others," Circle Officer of Lalganj DK Rai said.
In his complaint, Tewari has claimed that four armed motorcyle-borne youths came to his house last night and beat up his relative Pankaj, Rai said.
Though he was not in the house at the time of the attack but he was their target, Tewari has alleged in his complaint.
Tewari has claimed that he is a witness in a kidnapping case against Raja Bhaiya and the four youths had been sent by Raja Bhaiya and his cousin, the Circle Officer said.
Probe into the matter has been started, he said.
Raghuraj Singh alias Raja Bhaiya had to tender his resignation as a Cabinet minister after his name was surfaced in murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haque and two others on March 2.
Haque was shot dead in Balipur village, 75 km west of Pratapgarh district headquarters, on March 2.
After the murder of Nanhe Yadav, the Kunda circle officer had rushed to the village and was killed by a mob. Nanhey`s brother, Suresh, was also killed.
Haq`s widow Parveen has alleged hand of Raja Bhaiya in the murder. Now CBI is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP