Case of conspiracy to murder filed against Raja Bhaiya
Pratapgarh: Embroiled in the Kunda triple murder case, former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh has now been booked for conspiring to kill a witness of a kidnapping case registered against him.
A case of conspiracy to murder was lodged against Singh in Sangramgarh police station, which falls under Lalganj circle area of the district last night, police said.
"One Diwakar Tewari of Lakhpeda village lodged an FIR against Raja Bhaiya, his cousin Akshay Pratap Singh (MLC) and four others," Circle Officer of Lalganj DK Rai said.
In his complaint, Tewari has claimed that four armed motorcyle-borne youths came to his house last night and beat up his relative Pankaj, Rai said.
Though he was not in the house at the time of the attack but he was their target, Tewari has alleged in his complaint.
Tewari has claimed that he is a witness in a kidnapping case against Raja Bhaiya and the four youths had been sent by Raja Bhaiya and his cousin, the Circle Officer said.
Probe into the matter has been started, he said.
Raghuraj Singh alias Raja Bhaiya had to tender his resignation as a Cabinet minister after his name was surfaced in murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haque and two others on March 2.
Haque was shot dead in Balipur village, 75 km west of Pratapgarh district headquarters, on March 2.
After the murder of Nanhe Yadav, the Kunda circle officer had rushed to the village and was killed by a mob. Nanhey`s brother, Suresh, was also killed.
Haq`s widow Parveen has alleged hand of Raja Bhaiya in the murder. Now CBI is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Big three leaders insist EU not finished after Brexit
- Renault Kwid (1.0-litre) SCe vs Maruti Alto K10 vs Hyundai Eon 1.0-litre - Spec Comparison
- Here's everything you want to know about Yo Yo Honey Singh's upcoming song!
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace