Case registered against 300 people in Shamli
Muzaffarnagar: A case has been registered against 300 people in connection with violence at Shamli district, police said day.
"Police has registered a case against 300 people and named 22 people under various sections of the IPC," Additional Superintendent of Police Atul Saxena said.
At least 25 people, including some policemen, were injured when a clash broke out yesterday between two groups in Shamli following which security has been tightened in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter