Case registered against SDM, cops on SP leader`s complaint
Agra: A case has been registered here against an SDM and nine police officials for allegedly beating up a SP leader during the counting of votes in local bodies polls, police said on Saturday.
A complaint was lodged late last night against ten officials for beating up SP leader from Chhata constituency Lokmani Kant Jadon during the counting of votes for Chhata nagar panchayat elections on July 24, they said.
The complaint, which was lodged in the Rakabganj police station at Agra by Jadon`s brother Hridesh, said the SP leader was beaten up when he demanded a recount of votes in support of a female candidate.
It was alleged that Jadon suffered a fracture in his hand after being assulated by the officials and was sent to jail on charges of blocking road.
The complaint was lodged against a former ASP, a sub-divisional magistrate, three SHOs among others.
The incident was brought to the notice of the chief minister by SP party workers following which SDM Sameer Verma and thirteen police officials were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal