Case registered against vehicle owner for beating up devotee
Shirdi: The police have registered an offence against a private vehicle owner for allegedly beating up Mayank Prakash Tiwari (19), a resident of Uttar Pradesh and a woman, who intervened to stop the altercation.
There was an altercation between the driver of the vehicle and Mayank over charging extra fare for their visit to the Shani Shingnapur shrine today, the police said.
The police have registered an offence under Sections 323 and 504 of the Indian Penal code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert