Case registered against vehicle owner for beating up devotee
Shirdi: The police have registered an offence against a private vehicle owner for allegedly beating up Mayank Prakash Tiwari (19), a resident of Uttar Pradesh and a woman, who intervened to stop the altercation.
There was an altercation between the driver of the vehicle and Mayank over charging extra fare for their visit to the Shani Shingnapur shrine today, the police said.
The police have registered an offence under Sections 323 and 504 of the Indian Penal code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh