Cash reward announced for arrest of Muzaffarnagar riot accused
Muzaffarnagar: Police has announced Rs 5000 cash reward for any information leading to the arrest of an absconding accused in a Muzaffarnagar riot case.
"A reward of Rs 5000 would be given to the person providing any information about the accused Harender Singh who has been absconding since the incident," SSP H N Singh said yesterday.
The accused was charged of his involvement in a killing in his village Mohdpur Raisingh during Muzaffarnagar riots by the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
Meanwhile, when the police team led by SP Alok Priyadershi, had gone to search and arrest the accused in his village last night, it faced the womens` opposition, police said.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III