Cash reward announced for arrest of Muzaffarnagar riot accused
Muzaffarnagar: Police has announced Rs 5000 cash reward for any information leading to the arrest of an absconding accused in a Muzaffarnagar riot case.
"A reward of Rs 5000 would be given to the person providing any information about the accused Harender Singh who has been absconding since the incident," SSP H N Singh said yesterday.
The accused was charged of his involvement in a killing in his village Mohdpur Raisingh during Muzaffarnagar riots by the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
Meanwhile, when the police team led by SP Alok Priyadershi, had gone to search and arrest the accused in his village last night, it faced the womens` opposition, police said.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh