Cash reward announced for arrest of Muzaffarnagar riot accused
Muzaffarnagar: Police has announced Rs 5000 cash reward for any information leading to the arrest of an absconding accused in a Muzaffarnagar riot case.
"A reward of Rs 5000 would be given to the person providing any information about the accused Harender Singh who has been absconding since the incident," SSP H N Singh said yesterday.
The accused was charged of his involvement in a killing in his village Mohdpur Raisingh during Muzaffarnagar riots by the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
Meanwhile, when the police team led by SP Alok Priyadershi, had gone to search and arrest the accused in his village last night, it faced the womens` opposition, police said.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch