Cash reward announced for arrest of Muzaffarnagar riot accused
Muzaffarnagar: Police has announced Rs 5000 cash reward for any information leading to the arrest of an absconding accused in a Muzaffarnagar riot case.
"A reward of Rs 5000 would be given to the person providing any information about the accused Harender Singh who has been absconding since the incident," SSP H N Singh said yesterday.
The accused was charged of his involvement in a killing in his village Mohdpur Raisingh during Muzaffarnagar riots by the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
Meanwhile, when the police team led by SP Alok Priyadershi, had gone to search and arrest the accused in his village last night, it faced the womens` opposition, police said.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city