Caste-based census would change national politics: Kalyan
Agra: Favouring a caste-based census, former
BJP leader and Jan Kranti Party chief Kalyan Singh has said it
would bring about "revolutionary changes" in national
The caste-based census would change the policies and
strategies of political parties as well as governments, Singh
told reporters here last night.
Attacking both the BSP and the SP for "patronising"
criminals, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister alleged that
half of the legislators in the two parties had "shady"
Demanding derecognition of political parties having
criminal elements, Singh termed as a "farce" BSP`s drive to
clean up the party of criminals.
He also described the Samajwadi Party as a "party of
Dubbing BJP as a "party of capitalists", Singh ruled out
rejoining the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal