Caste-based census would change national politics: Kalyan
Agra: Favouring a caste-based census, former
BJP leader and Jan Kranti Party chief Kalyan Singh has said it
would bring about "revolutionary changes" in national
The caste-based census would change the policies and
strategies of political parties as well as governments, Singh
told reporters here last night.
Attacking both the BSP and the SP for "patronising"
criminals, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister alleged that
half of the legislators in the two parties had "shady"
Demanding derecognition of political parties having
criminal elements, Singh termed as a "farce" BSP`s drive to
clean up the party of criminals.
He also described the Samajwadi Party as a "party of
Dubbing BJP as a "party of capitalists", Singh ruled out
rejoining the party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav