Caught ticketless, passenger claims he is Delhi police chief
Allahabad: A man, who falsely claimed to be
a top Delhi police official after he was caught travelling
without ticket on a train, was taken into custody by
Government Railway Police here on Saturday.
The passenger, who identified himself as Anmol Kumar to
the GRP personnel, was caught onboard the New Delhi-Gaya
Mahabodhi Express without ticket.
When he was quizzed by the personnel, Kumar claimed
that he was the Delhi Police Commissioner.
The perplexed GRP personnel took him out of the train
at Allahabad Junction, from where he was taken to the GRP
police station for further questioning, GRP sources said.
The GRP sleuths have taken the traveller into custody
Nothing has been found from his possession so far to confirm
his identity, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks