Caught ticketless, passenger claims he is Delhi police chief
Allahabad: A man, who falsely claimed to be
a top Delhi police official after he was caught travelling
without ticket on a train, was taken into custody by
Government Railway Police here on Saturday.
The passenger, who identified himself as Anmol Kumar to
the GRP personnel, was caught onboard the New Delhi-Gaya
Mahabodhi Express without ticket.
When he was quizzed by the personnel, Kumar claimed
that he was the Delhi Police Commissioner.
The perplexed GRP personnel took him out of the train
at Allahabad Junction, from where he was taken to the GRP
police station for further questioning, GRP sources said.
The GRP sleuths have taken the traveller into custody
Nothing has been found from his possession so far to confirm
his identity, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'