CB-CID nails school manager and his 2 sons in assault case
Kanpur: The CB-CID team, probing the
sexual assault of a girl student in Kanpur, has said that the
DNA test of the school manager and his two sons have matched
with the semen found on the clothes of the victim.
The 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by Piyush,
younger son of the school manager Chanderpal Verma, the team
said in its report.
The report also held guilty Verma and his elder son
Mukesh for not taking the victim to the hospital timely
following which the girl died.
A chargesheet will be filed in the case soon, the
CB-CID officials said.
They also said the neighbour Munna, who was arrested
by the police, is innocent and will be soon released from
Fourteen DNA samples were taken in the case. These
included samples of Chanderpal Verma, Mukesh, Piyush, Munna
and some school teachers and students, CB-CID SSP D P
Srivastav and Investigation Officer Arun Kumar said over
The samples were sent for testing at forensic
laboratory in Lucknow and Hyderabad, they said.
According to preliminary investigations, the CB-CID
team found that the 70-year-old school manager was at his
home, while his elder son was in Unnao.
Piyush was, however, near the school premises, they
Later call details of Piyush`s mobile phone also
hinted of his involvement in the case, they said.
Piyush, who is the main accused will be booked under
IPC 377 (unnatural offences) in the chargesheet to be filed by
the team on January 3, they said.
Meanwhile, Kanpur DIG Ashok Mutha Jain said since the
matter was being probed by CB-CID, the team will submit their
report to officials in Lucknow and thereafter also any
investigation will be carried out by the state capital
On September 27, a 12-year-old student was allegedly
sexually assaulted at Bharatiya Gyan Sthali School. The girl
was sent back home along with two maids and her mother was
informed at her work place.
The girl was admitted to a hospital where she died the
Manager of the school Chanderpal Verma, along with his
son Mukesh alias Sudhir Kumar --also an employee at the
school-- were later arrested under section 109 (punishment
for abetment) and 304 (A) (causing death by negligence) of the
Later when several political leaders threatened to
launch a massive protest if the "real" culprit was not brought
to book, Verma`s younger son Piyush was also arrested.
The district administration then recommended to the
Uttar Pradesh government that a CB-CID inquiry be initiated
into the alleged sexual assault case of the victim.
Kanpur Police and the district administration have
recommended to the State Home Secretary that an inquiry be
conducted by the CB-CID or any other investigating agency,
District Official Mukesh Meshram said.
On October 23, the Uttar Pradesh government
ordered the CB-CID probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered