CB-CID nails school manager and his 2 sons in assault case
Kanpur: The CB-CID team, probing the
sexual assault of a girl student in Kanpur, has said that the
DNA test of the school manager and his two sons have matched
with the semen found on the clothes of the victim.
The 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by Piyush,
younger son of the school manager Chanderpal Verma, the team
said in its report.
The report also held guilty Verma and his elder son
Mukesh for not taking the victim to the hospital timely
following which the girl died.
A chargesheet will be filed in the case soon, the
CB-CID officials said.
They also said the neighbour Munna, who was arrested
by the police, is innocent and will be soon released from
Fourteen DNA samples were taken in the case. These
included samples of Chanderpal Verma, Mukesh, Piyush, Munna
and some school teachers and students, CB-CID SSP D P
Srivastav and Investigation Officer Arun Kumar said over
The samples were sent for testing at forensic
laboratory in Lucknow and Hyderabad, they said.
According to preliminary investigations, the CB-CID
team found that the 70-year-old school manager was at his
home, while his elder son was in Unnao.
Piyush was, however, near the school premises, they
Later call details of Piyush`s mobile phone also
hinted of his involvement in the case, they said.
Piyush, who is the main accused will be booked under
IPC 377 (unnatural offences) in the chargesheet to be filed by
the team on January 3, they said.
Meanwhile, Kanpur DIG Ashok Mutha Jain said since the
matter was being probed by CB-CID, the team will submit their
report to officials in Lucknow and thereafter also any
investigation will be carried out by the state capital
On September 27, a 12-year-old student was allegedly
sexually assaulted at Bharatiya Gyan Sthali School. The girl
was sent back home along with two maids and her mother was
informed at her work place.
The girl was admitted to a hospital where she died the
Manager of the school Chanderpal Verma, along with his
son Mukesh alias Sudhir Kumar --also an employee at the
school-- were later arrested under section 109 (punishment
for abetment) and 304 (A) (causing death by negligence) of the
Later when several political leaders threatened to
launch a massive protest if the "real" culprit was not brought
to book, Verma`s younger son Piyush was also arrested.
The district administration then recommended to the
Uttar Pradesh government that a CB-CID inquiry be initiated
into the alleged sexual assault case of the victim.
Kanpur Police and the district administration have
recommended to the State Home Secretary that an inquiry be
conducted by the CB-CID or any other investigating agency,
District Official Mukesh Meshram said.
On October 23, the Uttar Pradesh government
ordered the CB-CID probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video