CB-CID probe into rape of minor girl by BSP MLA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday ordered a Crime Branch-Crime Investigation
Department (CB-CID) probe into the rape of a girl, belonging
to a backward caste allegedly by a BSP MLA and his supporters.
Taking a serious note of the incident, the chief
minister ordered a CB-CID probe this evening, an official
spokesman said in a statement issued here.
Congress has alleged the involvement of a BSP MLA and
his associates in the rape of the 17-year-old girl and
demanded the immediate arrest of the culprits and that Chief
Minister Mayawati order a high-level judicial inquiry into the
The CM has directed the probe to reach Banda by
tomorrow morning and start the investigation, he said.
The National Commission for Scheduled Caste (NSCS) has
sought a report from the state government on the rape of the
girl and her arrest on theft charges in Banda district.
The NSCS has sought a detailed report from the state
government and the district level official on rape of a
backward class girl and later her arrest on theft charges,
Chairman of NCSC P L Punia told PTI.
"A most backward minor girl was raped by BSP MLA
Purshottam Narain Dwivedi and his associates in Banda and was
later lodged in jail on charges of stealing the legislator`s
licensed pistol and Rs five thousand," Congress state
president Rita Bahuguna Joshi had said yesterday.
She alleged that the girl has been framed by the local
police to save the ruling party MLA and sent to jail, where no
one was allowed to meet her.
BJP state president Surya Pratap Shahi also visited
Banda and announced to launch an agitation.
On the directives of the Banda district administration
a panel of three doctors, including two lady doctors,
conducted the medical examination of the girl in the jail,
where she is presently lodged on theft charges and submitted
it to the Superintendent of Police, sources said.
The order for conducting the examination was issued
after the SP, Anil Das talked to the girl for over five hours
in jail during which she levelled the charges against the MLA
and his supporters, sources said.
Achche Lal, the father of the girl, who is a farmer,
said she had gone to her maternal home in Panna district of
Madhya Pradesh a few months ago from where she had gone
On December 7, he received a call informing him that
his daughter was in Pathra village in Banda and he sought the
MLA`s help in tracing her.
After she was recovered, the girl was taken to the
MLA`s house for safety, from where she allegedly escaped after
stealing a mobile phone and cash on December 12 and was
arrested two days later on the FIR of the MLA.
It was when she was produced before the court on
December 24 that she told her brother she had been raped
at the MLA`s house.
The father however has denied the theft charges.
On the other hand MLA claimed that the charges were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan