CBI arrests 10 in connection with alleged gang rape
Mau: The Central Bureau of Investigation
today arrested 10 persons in connection with the alleged gang
rape of a woman and her daughter five years ago.
On October 14 2005, a woman of minority community and
her daughter were gang raped in Badi Kamhariya area in Uttar
Pradesh`s Mau district.
An FIR was lodged against 15 people in this regard,
Later, the case was handed over to CBI in 2006 and the
agency today arrested 10 persons, including a 71-year-old man,
in connection with the alleged criminal assault, they said.
Five more, including a local BJP leader, wanted in the
case were still absconding, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter