CBI arrests 10 in connection with alleged gang rape
Mau: The Central Bureau of Investigation
today arrested 10 persons in connection with the alleged gang
rape of a woman and her daughter five years ago.
On October 14 2005, a woman of minority community and
her daughter were gang raped in Badi Kamhariya area in Uttar
Pradesh`s Mau district.
An FIR was lodged against 15 people in this regard,
Later, the case was handed over to CBI in 2006 and the
agency today arrested 10 persons, including a 71-year-old man,
in connection with the alleged criminal assault, they said.
Five more, including a local BJP leader, wanted in the
case were still absconding, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on