CBI arrests 10 in connection with alleged gang rape
Mau: The Central Bureau of Investigation
today arrested 10 persons in connection with the alleged gang
rape of a woman and her daughter five years ago.
On October 14 2005, a woman of minority community and
her daughter were gang raped in Badi Kamhariya area in Uttar
Pradesh`s Mau district.
An FIR was lodged against 15 people in this regard,
Later, the case was handed over to CBI in 2006 and the
agency today arrested 10 persons, including a 71-year-old man,
in connection with the alleged criminal assault, they said.
Five more, including a local BJP leader, wanted in the
case were still absconding, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note