CBI arrests 10 in connection with alleged gang rape
Mau: The Central Bureau of Investigation
today arrested 10 persons in connection with the alleged gang
rape of a woman and her daughter five years ago.
On October 14 2005, a woman of minority community and
her daughter were gang raped in Badi Kamhariya area in Uttar
Pradesh`s Mau district.
An FIR was lodged against 15 people in this regard,
Later, the case was handed over to CBI in 2006 and the
agency today arrested 10 persons, including a 71-year-old man,
in connection with the alleged criminal assault, they said.
Five more, including a local BJP leader, wanted in the
case were still absconding, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery