CBI arrests 10 in connection with alleged gang rape
Mau: The Central Bureau of Investigation
today arrested 10 persons in connection with the alleged gang
rape of a woman and her daughter five years ago.
On October 14 2005, a woman of minority community and
her daughter were gang raped in Badi Kamhariya area in Uttar
Pradesh`s Mau district.
An FIR was lodged against 15 people in this regard,
Later, the case was handed over to CBI in 2006 and the
agency today arrested 10 persons, including a 71-year-old man,
in connection with the alleged criminal assault, they said.
Five more, including a local BJP leader, wanted in the
case were still absconding, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days