CBI arrests one in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The CBI on Monday arrested Vivek Jain, relative of medical supplier Saurabh Jain who is already behind bars, in connection with alleged irregularities in the procurement of medical equipment under the National Rural Health Mission.
Jain was arrested here after CBI found him to be allegedly involved in bagging a contract worth Rs 4.42 crore and making over-valued supplies under the scheme thus causing a loss of over Rs 1.5 crore to the exchequer.
The agency has already filed its charge sheet in the case against former Uttar Pradesh Director General of Family Welfare S P Ram, Moradabad-based medicine supplier Saurabh Jain, former Uttar Pradesh Small Industries Corporation MD Abhay Kumar Bajpai and area manager Sanjeev Kumar, CBI sources said.
The charge sheet was filed before a designated CBI court in Ghaziabad against the accused.
The charge sheet alleged that the contract was awarded in a pre-decided manner in procurement of medical equipment amounting to Rs 4.42 crore to two Moradabad (UP) based firms by the then Director General (Family Welfare) through UPSIC thereby causing a loss of Rs 1.5 crore to the exchequer.
Bajpai has got provisional bail from Ghaziabad special court recently while the rest are in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India