CBI carries out ballistic examination of seized weapons
Pratapgarh: A team of forensic specialists on Friday carried out detailed analysis of fire arms seized from Balipur village which are suspected to have been used in the March 2 violence in which DSP of the area along with village head and his brother were killed.
CBI sources said the forensic experts carried out detailed ballistic examination of fire-arms seized by the agency and the crime scene to understand which among the weapons could have been used during the crime.
The team also took biological samples from the site of the crime and also analysed the place exhaustively in the presence of the two arrested accused--Sanjeev Pratap Singh alias Guddu Singh and Rajeev Pratap alias Raju Singh, they said.
The duo, who are in agency`s cutody till March 16, were taken to the crime scene to corroborate their statements before the sleuths, the sources said.
The CBI is probing killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq, village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh in Balipur village on March two and registered four FIRs in this connection.
The agency also grilled Yogendra Yadav alias Babloo, son of killed village head Nanhe Yadav, for several hours in connection with the killings as he was alleged to be present on the site when the murders took place.
District magistrate Vidya Bhushan said the administration has deposited 14 licenced fire-arms from Balipur village.
He said that all licenced fire-arms in Kunda area were being examined and licences of those having more than one licenced fire-arm would be cancelled.
The probe is being supervised by two senior officers of the CBI including Joint Director R S Bhatti and DIG Anurag Garg who are known for the good record in tackling special crime cases.
Superintendent of Police L R Kumar said that pistol of DSP Haq has not been recovered so far and search was on.
He said that rifle of Nanhe and 12 bore gun of his brother Suresh were also missing, but the weapons were later recovered from their brother Phoolchand.
In the meantime former minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, whose hand was alleged by Haq`s wife Parveen, reached Kunda late last night.
It is his first visit after resigning from the cabinet following the incident.
A large number of supporters and workers went to meet him with tight security arrangements in place.
Political heavyweight Raja Bhaiya was booked by CBI last Thursday under murder charges after the probe into Haq`s killing was handed over to the CBI.
Raja Bhaiya was named in one of the four FIRs filed by CBI on the basis of a complaint made by Haq`s wife in which she named the five-time independent MLA from Kunda in Pratapgarh district.
Unable to get even a single witness, CBI set up a camp office asking people to provide information about the murders of Haq, Nanhe and Suresh Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video