CBI concludes presenting evidence in Nithari case
Ghaziabad: The CBI on Monday concluded presenting its evidence in a case against Surender Kohli, who has already been awarded death penalty for rape and murder in another case related to sensational Nithari killings.
The prosecution presented its evidence in the rape and murder of Chhoti Payal (14) before special CBI judge Shyam Lal after which he asked the defence to produce its evidence on May 25, CBI advocate JP Sharma said.
However, in another Nithari case related to rape and murder of Badi Payal (21) no evidence was presented today. The judge has asked the prosecution to furnish its evidence on May 25.
As the court was busy in these two cases, no decision was taken on the stay on the hanging of Kohli (39). An order on the stay is likely to be given tomorrow.
As per death warrant, he will be hanged between May 24 and May 31, but a mercy petition has been with the President.
The Supreme Court in February confirmed the death penalty awarded to him in the case related to rape and murder of 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar. Kohli was sentenced to death along with his employer Moninder Singh Pandher, by the Ghaziabad court on February 13, 2009, but later Allahabad High Court acquitted Pandher.
A total of 16 cases were registered against Koli, a domestic help, after Nithari serial killings came to light in December 2006, following discovery of human remains from a drain behind Pandher`s house in Noida in the outskirts of Delhi.
In the statement, Kohli described how he allured the girls and then strangulated them. He also confessed that he used to "have sex with bodies and would eat parts of human body after cooking them”.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement