CBI court extends JC of NRHM scam accused
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Monday remanded four accused in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam to further judicial custody till July 9.
Earlier in the day, the CBI produced the accused -- Saurabh Jain, Vivek Jain, S P Ram and Abhay Vajpai -- in the court and sought judicial custody on grounds that they could tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
The four were taken to Dasna jail in the district after the court`s order.
Chargesheets against Jain and Vajpai had already been filed and in the case of other two accused, investigations were still going on, the public prosecutor said.
On June 4, the court had extended the judicial remand of three other accused, A K Srivastava, Vipul Gupta and M M Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'