CBI court extends JC of NRHM scam accused
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Monday remanded four accused in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam to further judicial custody till July 9.
Earlier in the day, the CBI produced the accused -- Saurabh Jain, Vivek Jain, S P Ram and Abhay Vajpai -- in the court and sought judicial custody on grounds that they could tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
The four were taken to Dasna jail in the district after the court`s order.
Chargesheets against Jain and Vajpai had already been filed and in the case of other two accused, investigations were still going on, the public prosecutor said.
On June 4, the court had extended the judicial remand of three other accused, A K Srivastava, Vipul Gupta and M M Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened