CBI court extends JC of NRHM scam accused
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Monday remanded four accused in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam to further judicial custody till July 9.
Earlier in the day, the CBI produced the accused -- Saurabh Jain, Vivek Jain, S P Ram and Abhay Vajpai -- in the court and sought judicial custody on grounds that they could tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
The four were taken to Dasna jail in the district after the court`s order.
Chargesheets against Jain and Vajpai had already been filed and in the case of other two accused, investigations were still going on, the public prosecutor said.
On June 4, the court had extended the judicial remand of three other accused, A K Srivastava, Vipul Gupta and M M Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons