CBI court extends JC of NRHM scam accused
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Monday remanded four accused in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam to further judicial custody till July 9.
Earlier in the day, the CBI produced the accused -- Saurabh Jain, Vivek Jain, S P Ram and Abhay Vajpai -- in the court and sought judicial custody on grounds that they could tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
The four were taken to Dasna jail in the district after the court`s order.
Chargesheets against Jain and Vajpai had already been filed and in the case of other two accused, investigations were still going on, the public prosecutor said.
On June 4, the court had extended the judicial remand of three other accused, A K Srivastava, Vipul Gupta and M M Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference