CBI court extends JC of NRHM scam accused
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Monday remanded four accused in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam to further judicial custody till July 9.
Earlier in the day, the CBI produced the accused -- Saurabh Jain, Vivek Jain, S P Ram and Abhay Vajpai -- in the court and sought judicial custody on grounds that they could tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
The four were taken to Dasna jail in the district after the court`s order.
Chargesheets against Jain and Vajpai had already been filed and in the case of other two accused, investigations were still going on, the public prosecutor said.
On June 4, the court had extended the judicial remand of three other accused, A K Srivastava, Vipul Gupta and M M Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured