CBI court frames charges in NRHM scam
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the multi-crore NRHM scam in Uttar Pradesh Thursday framed charges against the five accused, including an ex-DG (health) and a PCS officer.
The court will start arguments on the case from tomorrow.
CBI special judge Shyam Lal ordered framing of charges under relevant sections of IPC and section 13(1)(D) of Anti Corruption Act.
The accused include former Director General (Health) S P Ram, PCS officer Abhay Kumar Vajpai and medicine traders Vivek Jain, Sanjeev Jain and Saurabh Jain.
The Central Bureau of Investigation is investigating alleged irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under National Rural Health Mission scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda