CBI court frames charges in NRHM scam
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the multi-crore NRHM scam in Uttar Pradesh Thursday framed charges against the five accused, including an ex-DG (health) and a PCS officer.
The court will start arguments on the case from tomorrow.
CBI special judge Shyam Lal ordered framing of charges under relevant sections of IPC and section 13(1)(D) of Anti Corruption Act.
The accused include former Director General (Health) S P Ram, PCS officer Abhay Kumar Vajpai and medicine traders Vivek Jain, Sanjeev Jain and Saurabh Jain.
The Central Bureau of Investigation is investigating alleged irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under National Rural Health Mission scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...