CBI court frames charges in NRHM scam
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the multi-crore NRHM scam in Uttar Pradesh Thursday framed charges against the five accused, including an ex-DG (health) and a PCS officer.
The court will start arguments on the case from tomorrow.
CBI special judge Shyam Lal ordered framing of charges under relevant sections of IPC and section 13(1)(D) of Anti Corruption Act.
The accused include former Director General (Health) S P Ram, PCS officer Abhay Kumar Vajpai and medicine traders Vivek Jain, Sanjeev Jain and Saurabh Jain.
The Central Bureau of Investigation is investigating alleged irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in Uttar Pradesh under National Rural Health Mission scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir