CBI court miffed over shifting accused to hospital
Lucknow: The CBI special court here has taken a serious view of the shifting of former Uttar Pradesh minister and accused in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam Babu Singh Kushwaha to a hospital without its permission.
Special Judge S Lal has summoned superintendent of the Dasna prison in Ghaziabad where the former minister was lodged.
The court expressed its displeasure after both the accused - Kushwaha and IAS officer Pradeep Shukla - did not appear for the hearing.
Officials said the tough posturing of the special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court could mean fresh trouble for the Akhilesh Yadav government. While Shukla, known for his proximity to the Samajwadi Party (SP) leadership, has been shifted to a hospital in New Delhi following cervical problems, Kushwaha is undergoing treatment for cardiac issues at the multi-speciality Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) in Lucknow.
Arun Kumar Mishra, special secretary (home), defended Kushwaha`s shifting to hospital saying it was done under the instructions of a chief medical officer. The special CBI court will hear the case again on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India