CBI court miffed over shifting accused to hospital
Lucknow: The CBI special court here has taken a serious view of the shifting of former Uttar Pradesh minister and accused in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam Babu Singh Kushwaha to a hospital without its permission.
Special Judge S Lal has summoned superintendent of the Dasna prison in Ghaziabad where the former minister was lodged.
The court expressed its displeasure after both the accused - Kushwaha and IAS officer Pradeep Shukla - did not appear for the hearing.
Officials said the tough posturing of the special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court could mean fresh trouble for the Akhilesh Yadav government. While Shukla, known for his proximity to the Samajwadi Party (SP) leadership, has been shifted to a hospital in New Delhi following cervical problems, Kushwaha is undergoing treatment for cardiac issues at the multi-speciality Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) in Lucknow.
Arun Kumar Mishra, special secretary (home), defended Kushwaha`s shifting to hospital saying it was done under the instructions of a chief medical officer. The special CBI court will hear the case again on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj