CBI court rejects Talwars` petition seeking expert`s affidavit
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Tuesday rejected Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s petition, seeking a direction to CBI to provide them either with tabular charts of DNA samples of Aarushi and Hemraj or an affidavit of the forensic expert, stating that it had been provided to them.
Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal, rejecting the petition of Talwar couple, said, "There is no need of filing such affidavit of forensic expert B K Mahapatra in the trial court."
The court has fixed September 9 as the next date for recording the statement of London-based DNA expert Dr Andre Semikhodskii, who has been made defence witness in the case by Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, who are facing trial for the alleged murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The court also warned the dentist couple that this is the last chance of recording statement (on September 9) of their London-based defence witness.
CBI court has earlier fixed several dates for recording his testimony, but the said witness failed to appear before it.
It also added that if Dr Semikhodskii can`t come to India, he can record his statement through video conferencing from London.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008. The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling