CBI files chargesheet against Pradeep Shukla, others in NRHM
New Delhi: Two senior bureaucrats of Uttar Pradesh including Principal Secretary Pradeep Shukla were named in a chargesheet on Tuesday in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
Besides Shukla, former Uttar Pradesh and Family Welfare Director General S P Ram and an official of a private firm were also listed in the charge sheet, official sources said.
The charge sheet, which was filed in Ghaziabad, is about allegedly showing favours to a private firm in a contract given by the Family Welfare department for operation of mobile units in various districts of the state.
A 1981-batch IAS officer, Shukla, who was formerly a principal secretary (Health and Family Welfare) in Uttar Pradesh, has been charged with committing irregularities in the implementation of the NRHM scheme in the state.
The CBI is investigating the over Rs 500 crore scam and the trial in some of the cases is being held on day-to-day basis.
The agency had earlier filed a charge sheet against Shukla for his alleged involvement in the irregularities in upgrading of 89 district hospitals in the state, under NRHM scheme, causing a loss of Rs 16 crore to the exchequer.
Shukla and officials of UP Processing and Construction Cooperative Federation Ltd (PACCFED), including its managing director VK Chowdhary, the then DG of family welfare S P Ram, Moradabad-based businessman Saurabh Jain, and his firms were booked by the CBI in January last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka