CBI files third chargesheet in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The CBI on Thursday filed the third charge sheet in the National Rural Health Mission scam before special court here for alleged irregularities in purchase of computers and peripherals in Uttar Pradesh under the centrally sponsored scheme.
The agency has charged managing director of Uttar Pradesh Public Sector Undertaking Shreeton India Limited, GK Batra, owner of Axis Marketing Virender Goel, and owner of Radhey Shyam Enterprises Neeraj Upadhyaya under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating, and criminal breach of trust besides relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act.
The CBI has alleged that a loss of Rs 2.78 crore was caused to exchequer in the purchase of 951 computers and peripherals under the NRHM.
This is the third charge sheet filed by the agency in connection with the alleged misuse of funds under the NRHM in Uttar Pradesh.
The CBI has alleged that Batra had released funds in advance to - Axis India Ltd of Delhi and Radheyshyam Enterprises of Lucknow - even before tender bids were invited for the supply of computers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'