CBI files third chargesheet in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The CBI on Thursday filed the third charge sheet in the National Rural Health Mission scam before special court here for alleged irregularities in purchase of computers and peripherals in Uttar Pradesh under the centrally sponsored scheme.
The agency has charged managing director of Uttar Pradesh Public Sector Undertaking Shreeton India Limited, GK Batra, owner of Axis Marketing Virender Goel, and owner of Radhey Shyam Enterprises Neeraj Upadhyaya under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating, and criminal breach of trust besides relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act.
The CBI has alleged that a loss of Rs 2.78 crore was caused to exchequer in the purchase of 951 computers and peripherals under the NRHM.
This is the third charge sheet filed by the agency in connection with the alleged misuse of funds under the NRHM in Uttar Pradesh.
The CBI has alleged that Batra had released funds in advance to - Axis India Ltd of Delhi and Radheyshyam Enterprises of Lucknow - even before tender bids were invited for the supply of computers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion