CBI files third chargesheet in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The CBI on Thursday filed the third charge sheet in the National Rural Health Mission scam before special court here for alleged irregularities in purchase of computers and peripherals in Uttar Pradesh under the centrally sponsored scheme.
The agency has charged managing director of Uttar Pradesh Public Sector Undertaking Shreeton India Limited, GK Batra, owner of Axis Marketing Virender Goel, and owner of Radhey Shyam Enterprises Neeraj Upadhyaya under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating, and criminal breach of trust besides relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act.
The CBI has alleged that a loss of Rs 2.78 crore was caused to exchequer in the purchase of 951 computers and peripherals under the NRHM.
This is the third charge sheet filed by the agency in connection with the alleged misuse of funds under the NRHM in Uttar Pradesh.
The CBI has alleged that Batra had released funds in advance to - Axis India Ltd of Delhi and Radheyshyam Enterprises of Lucknow - even before tender bids were invited for the supply of computers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor