CBI files third chargesheet in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The CBI on Thursday filed the third charge sheet in the National Rural Health Mission scam before special court here for alleged irregularities in purchase of computers and peripherals in Uttar Pradesh under the centrally sponsored scheme.
The agency has charged managing director of Uttar Pradesh Public Sector Undertaking Shreeton India Limited, GK Batra, owner of Axis Marketing Virender Goel, and owner of Radhey Shyam Enterprises Neeraj Upadhyaya under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating, and criminal breach of trust besides relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act.
The CBI has alleged that a loss of Rs 2.78 crore was caused to exchequer in the purchase of 951 computers and peripherals under the NRHM.
This is the third charge sheet filed by the agency in connection with the alleged misuse of funds under the NRHM in Uttar Pradesh.
The CBI has alleged that Batra had released funds in advance to - Axis India Ltd of Delhi and Radheyshyam Enterprises of Lucknow - even before tender bids were invited for the supply of computers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa
- Twin suicide bombs kill 13 near Mogadishu airport