CBI files third chargesheet in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The CBI on Thursday filed the third charge sheet in the National Rural Health Mission scam before special court here for alleged irregularities in purchase of computers and peripherals in Uttar Pradesh under the centrally sponsored scheme.
The agency has charged managing director of Uttar Pradesh Public Sector Undertaking Shreeton India Limited, GK Batra, owner of Axis Marketing Virender Goel, and owner of Radhey Shyam Enterprises Neeraj Upadhyaya under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating, and criminal breach of trust besides relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act.
The CBI has alleged that a loss of Rs 2.78 crore was caused to exchequer in the purchase of 951 computers and peripherals under the NRHM.
This is the third charge sheet filed by the agency in connection with the alleged misuse of funds under the NRHM in Uttar Pradesh.
The CBI has alleged that Batra had released funds in advance to - Axis India Ltd of Delhi and Radheyshyam Enterprises of Lucknow - even before tender bids were invited for the supply of computers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH