CBI finds Aarushi murder a tough case: Official
Ranchi: Terming Aarushi murder as a tough case due to delay in getting the case, the CBI on Saturday felt early handing over the matter could have enabled it to gather solid evidence.
"The CBI gets such cases very late. It gets such cases only after the state police and forensic experts finish their investigation. So, we don’t have much time to get crucial evidence and it becomes difficult (to strengthen CBI’s points of investigation), a top CBI official said here.
Describing the Aarushi murder case as a tough case, the official said the agency was waiting for a court order on May 14 as the trial resumes.
A special CBI court in Ghaziabad had yesterday reserved for May 14 its order on the plea of dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, facing prosecution in the twin murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, for all the CBI documents pertaining to the case.
The official said the CBI could miss crucial evidence because of the time factor if they were handed over a case pertaining to murder, rape, missing or kidnapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala