CBI inquiry sought into BSP leader`s murder
Aligarh: A CBI probe was on Friday sought into the recent murder of corporator and senior BSP leader Balwant Singh Billu.
The All India Khatik Mahasangh has demanded the probe into Billu`s murder, alleging that the killing was the fallout of a "political conspiracy" to eliminate him from the race of Mayor`s election in the city.
Activists of the Mahasangh, led by its national president Tikam Singh Suryavanshi and Chitra Devi, widow of the slain leader, today submitted a memorandum addressed to
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, to the district authorities.
Billu`s body was recovered from a field near village Sumera under Police Station Jawan on June 11.
The 43-year-old BSP leader had been missing from the evening of June 10 when he had gone to visit two persons at a restaurant in the city`s posh residential and shopping area.
Four persons have been arrested and sent to jail in this connection.
A new twist was added to the case on Wednesday when the four arrested told police that Billu was killed "since he was a part of a sex racket involving some influential people."
The latest confessions of the accused will be looked into, SSP Satendra Veer Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH