CBI inquiry sought into BSP leader`s murder
Aligarh: A CBI probe was on Friday sought into the recent murder of corporator and senior BSP leader Balwant Singh Billu.
The All India Khatik Mahasangh has demanded the probe into Billu`s murder, alleging that the killing was the fallout of a "political conspiracy" to eliminate him from the race of Mayor`s election in the city.
Activists of the Mahasangh, led by its national president Tikam Singh Suryavanshi and Chitra Devi, widow of the slain leader, today submitted a memorandum addressed to
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, to the district authorities.
Billu`s body was recovered from a field near village Sumera under Police Station Jawan on June 11.
The 43-year-old BSP leader had been missing from the evening of June 10 when he had gone to visit two persons at a restaurant in the city`s posh residential and shopping area.
Four persons have been arrested and sent to jail in this connection.
A new twist was added to the case on Wednesday when the four arrested told police that Billu was killed "since he was a part of a sex racket involving some influential people."
The latest confessions of the accused will be looked into, SSP Satendra Veer Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!