`CBI not engaging sr counsel in Madhumita case`
Lakhimpur: Sister of slain poetess
Madhumita Shukla on Wednesday alleged that despite repeated requests
the CBI has not engaged any senior counsel in the murder case
and this will benefit the accused independent MLA Amarmani
"Despite my repeated requests, CBI has so far failed to
engage any senior counsel in the case. I do not understand
why...It may adversely affect the case and benefit the accused
as he has engaged a number of senior lawyers," Madhumita`s
elder sister Nidhi told reporters here yesterday.
Amarmani, who was arrested in 2003, is currently lodged
in Dehradun jail.
His son Amanmani has contested Assembly polls from
Laxmipur seat as SP nominee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living