`CBI not engaging sr counsel in Madhumita case`
Lakhimpur: Sister of slain poetess
Madhumita Shukla on Wednesday alleged that despite repeated requests
the CBI has not engaged any senior counsel in the murder case
and this will benefit the accused independent MLA Amarmani
"Despite my repeated requests, CBI has so far failed to
engage any senior counsel in the case. I do not understand
why...It may adversely affect the case and benefit the accused
as he has engaged a number of senior lawyers," Madhumita`s
elder sister Nidhi told reporters here yesterday.
Amarmani, who was arrested in 2003, is currently lodged
in Dehradun jail.
His son Amanmani has contested Assembly polls from
Laxmipur seat as SP nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China, Russia navies to hold drills in South China Sea: Beijing
- 2017 new Suzuki Swift sheds heavy camouflage! Check out the spy pics
- Two of Turkey's four-star generals resign a day after military cull: Report
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway opened for traffic
- North Korea 'Kim badges' found in South: Report