CBI opposes Talwars` plea for original fingerprint records
Ghaziabad: The CBI on Monday opposed dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwars` plea for providing them the original records of the finger prints of their slain teenaged daughter Aarushi and those found on various articles on crime scene, where she was found murdered.
Talwars have sought the original records of the fingerprints, including those of the transparent tapes, used by forensic experts to lift the fingerprints from various objects, to cross-examine prosecution witness and police photographer-cum-forensic expert Chunni Lal Gautam.
In his reply, filed through Inspector Arvind Jaitly, the CBI said Aarushi`s fingerprints were never lifted as it was not a case of the murder of an unknown person.
It said the plea for supplying tapes used for lifting and transferring the fingerprints from other articles on the crime scene are "redundant" as all such fingerprints have been transferred on the paper and the same are available on judicial records.
It said the copies of the developed finger prints were part of judicial record and the accused could cross examine the prosecution witness from this document.
Arushi, a class 10 student, was found brutally murdered in her Jalvayu Vihar residence at Noida.
Talwars had also demanded 230 photographs of the crime scene for their defence and to confront police photographer Gautam who took photographs and finger prints at the place of occurrence of the crime.
The CBI, however, did not object to the supply of 230 photos of the crime scene to Talwars. CBI counsel RK Saini told PTI that the police should have supplied them the photographs long ago.
Talwars said in their application that Gautam`s statements before the CBI investigating officer and before the court were contradictory and hence he should be confronted by the court in accordance with the criminal procedure code.
The CBI also did not oppose to Talwars` plea for supply of Gautam`s statements to the court and to the investigation officer.
Fourteen-year-old Arushi Talwar was found dead in her Noida flat on May 16, 2008 with her throat slit, while her domestic help Hemraj was found a day letter in the terrace of the house.
Aarushi`s parents are presently facing trial for their alleged roles in the twin murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional