CBI probe demanded into Ghaziabad family murders
Ghaziabad: Politicians, traders and social activists here are demanding a CBI probe into the arrest of a man for the gruesome murder of a family of seven, claiming that the accused has been framed by police.
Local Congress leaders led by former minister Satish Sharma are on an indefinite sit-in here to press for the demand for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the case.
Sharma said that they would also protest Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s visit to Ghaziabad to distribute laptops.
Businessman Satish Goel, 62, his wife Manju Goel, 60, their son Sachin Goel, 40, Sachin`s wife Rekha, 38, her daughters Megha, 13, and Neha, 11, and son Aman, seven, were stabbed to death on May 21.
Cash and jewellery were found to be missing from their house.
Rahul Varma, a 21-year-old driver who was earlier employed with the family, has been arrested for the murders.
However, trade union leaders, politicians and social activists have criticised police for the arrest. They claim that a frail man like Varma could not have committed the seven murders alone.
They claim that Ghaziabad police have framed an "innocent man" to prove their competence.
BSP legislator from Ghaziabad Suresh Bansal, BJP leader Atul Garg, BJP`s Ghaziabad president Ashok Monga, Congress leader and former MP Surendra Prakash Goel and general secretary of Mahanagar Udyog Vyapar Mandal Ashok Chawla have demanded a CBI probe into the murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof