CBI probe into DSP murder will be observed keenly: Rajnath
Ghaziabad: The CBI probe into the killing of a DSP will be observed keenly as both the ruling SP in Uttar Pradesh and opposition BSP are outside supporters of UPA at the Centre, BJP president Rajnath Singh said on Sunday.
"Both SP and BSP provide outside support to UPA government. Now it all depends on the central probe agency (CBI) as to how it wants to carry out the probe. If investigations are carried out in a fair manner, the truth will come out," he told reporters here.
"The role of CBI will, therefore, be observed keenly," he said.
Singh demanded fair and transparent probe into the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district in which former UP minister Raja Bhaiya has been named in one of the FIRs.
The BJP President criticised the UP government for the law and order situation in the state, saying people including officials were unsafe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?