CBI probe needed into irregularities committed by AMU VC: Ahmad
New Delhi: An Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) court member has demanded a CBI probe into the alleged irregularities committed by the varsity`s vice chancellor PK Abdul Aziz since he assumed office.
"The inquiry should probe into all aspects of financial irregularities and administrative impropriety committed by the VC over the years since he assumed office in 2007," demanded AMU Court member and former MP Wasim Ahmad.
He said members of the court would soon meet the President, the Prime Minister and the HRD Minister to press for a CBI probe.
Earlier, Ahmad had led a delegation to HRD Minister Kapil Sibal requesting him to ensure that a two-member panel, which is already probing allegation charges against the VC, expedite the probe process.
The panel, he said, is only conducting probe into the charges against the VC during his first year in office.
The panel would submit its report by February 15 after concluding its 10th sitting which will begin here from next Friday, he said.
Ahmad alleged that Aziz as well as the registrar of the Varsity were trying to block the ongoing probe which was to originally submit its report by October 31, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC