CBI probe needed into irregularities committed by AMU VC: Ahmad
New Delhi: An Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) court member has demanded a CBI probe into the alleged irregularities committed by the varsity`s vice chancellor PK Abdul Aziz since he assumed office.
"The inquiry should probe into all aspects of financial irregularities and administrative impropriety committed by the VC over the years since he assumed office in 2007," demanded AMU Court member and former MP Wasim Ahmad.
He said members of the court would soon meet the President, the Prime Minister and the HRD Minister to press for a CBI probe.
Earlier, Ahmad had led a delegation to HRD Minister Kapil Sibal requesting him to ensure that a two-member panel, which is already probing allegation charges against the VC, expedite the probe process.
The panel, he said, is only conducting probe into the charges against the VC during his first year in office.
The panel would submit its report by February 15 after concluding its 10th sitting which will begin here from next Friday, he said.
Ahmad alleged that Aziz as well as the registrar of the Varsity were trying to block the ongoing probe which was to originally submit its report by October 31, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested