CBI questions executives of pvt firm in NRHM scam
New Delhi: CBI has recently questioned executives of a private firm in connection with alleged irregularities in supply of mobile medical units for providing medical facilities in some districts of Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission.
CBI sources said two private firms and a UP-based NGO are being probed for their alleged role in grabbing the contract worth over Rs 42 crore which caused an approximate loss of over Rs 20 crore to the exchequer.
They said representatives of the private firm were questioned at CBI headquarters recently for nearly eight hours in connection with the scam.
CBI is suspecting there were alleged irregularities in the tendering process of the scheme and a case was registered in March this year, they said.
The scheme was launched last year under the public-private partnership model to provide medical help to rural people in 133 blocks spread over 15 districts which were difficult to reach or affected by Maoists.
Under NRHM, a budget of Rs 42.68 crore was approved by the Centre for the project for providing facilities including mother and child healthcare, immunisation programmes besides other services which are available at Primary Health Centre.
Each unit had a medical and support staff provided by the operating firms on contract basis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know