CBI questions executives of pvt firm in NRHM scam
New Delhi: CBI has recently questioned executives of a private firm in connection with alleged irregularities in supply of mobile medical units for providing medical facilities in some districts of Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission.
CBI sources said two private firms and a UP-based NGO are being probed for their alleged role in grabbing the contract worth over Rs 42 crore which caused an approximate loss of over Rs 20 crore to the exchequer.
They said representatives of the private firm were questioned at CBI headquarters recently for nearly eight hours in connection with the scam.
CBI is suspecting there were alleged irregularities in the tendering process of the scheme and a case was registered in March this year, they said.
The scheme was launched last year under the public-private partnership model to provide medical help to rural people in 133 blocks spread over 15 districts which were difficult to reach or affected by Maoists.
Under NRHM, a budget of Rs 42.68 crore was approved by the Centre for the project for providing facilities including mother and child healthcare, immunisation programmes besides other services which are available at Primary Health Centre.
Each unit had a medical and support staff provided by the operating firms on contract basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage