CBI questions executives of pvt firm in NRHM scam
New Delhi: CBI has recently questioned executives of a private firm in connection with alleged irregularities in supply of mobile medical units for providing medical facilities in some districts of Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission.
CBI sources said two private firms and a UP-based NGO are being probed for their alleged role in grabbing the contract worth over Rs 42 crore which caused an approximate loss of over Rs 20 crore to the exchequer.
They said representatives of the private firm were questioned at CBI headquarters recently for nearly eight hours in connection with the scam.
CBI is suspecting there were alleged irregularities in the tendering process of the scheme and a case was registered in March this year, they said.
The scheme was launched last year under the public-private partnership model to provide medical help to rural people in 133 blocks spread over 15 districts which were difficult to reach or affected by Maoists.
Under NRHM, a budget of Rs 42.68 crore was approved by the Centre for the project for providing facilities including mother and child healthcare, immunisation programmes besides other services which are available at Primary Health Centre.
Each unit had a medical and support staff provided by the operating firms on contract basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest