CBI raids offices & residences of BSP MLA`s brother, 3 others
Lucknow: CBI on Thursday conducted raids in offices
and residences of four entrepreneurs, including a BSP MLA`s
brother, for alleged irregularities in coal trade in Uttar
Pradesh`s Varanasi district.
"The CBI conducted searches at Fortico marketing of Anil
Agarwal, Sriram Fuel of Sunil Singh, Swastik Cement of Prakash
Tulsian, Dolia coke and Jai Durga enterprise of Ratan Singh in
Varanasi," special DG (Law and Order) Brijlal told reporters
Sriram Fuel owner Sunil Singh is the brother of BSP MLA
Sushil Singh. He is also a relative of jailed mafia Brijesh
"The searches were conducted as these enterprises were
violating civil supply agreement for coal linkages through
which they get cheap coal. They used to sell the coal in the
market for other purposes," Brijlal said.
Meanwhile, a government spokesperson said BSP has nothing
to do with the coal trade or the CBI raids.
"One of (Sushil Kumar) Singh`s relative run a coal
company in the name of Shri Ram Fuel Company which receives
its coal supply through National Coal Limited," he said.
On the basis of a complaint lodged by National Coal
Limited regarding business activities of Shri Ram Fuel Coal
Private Limited, the raid was carried out.
The CBI has issued a warrant against Sunil Singh,
operator of the company formed in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information