CBI raids tannery owner`s office, residence
Kanpur: CBI has raided the offices and residence of a Kanpur based tannery owner, in connection with a case of alleged fraud worth Rs 40 crore.
The raids were carried out at the residence and offices of the tannery owner at Kanpur, Pune, Delhi and Agra yesterday and several documents related to the case were recovered, a CBI official told reporters on Tuesday.
In 2004-05, the tannery owner had allegedly exaggerated figures and cost of leather products to help strengthen the balance sheets and turnover reports.
On basis of which, he took a loan of Rs 40 crore from the few banks, which was never returned, the official said.
Following which, three FIRs were registered against the tannery owner.
When the banks failed to realise the amount, the authorities sought CBI help in the matter, the official said.
The initial investigation reveals that the securities attached against the loans with the banks were forged, he said.
The tannery owner, however, refused to interact with mediapersons over the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!