CBI registers three new cases in MNREGS in UP
New Delhi: CBI has registered three cases of alleged irregularities in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme (MGNREGS) in Mahoba, Balrampur and Gonda districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Following the registration of cases, CBI carried out searches at 17 residential and business premises of public servants and suppliers across the state.
"The CBI has registered three cases relating to allegation of cheating; criminal breach of trust; misappropriation of funds as well as the abuse of official power under MGNREGS... on the orders of High Court of Judicature at Allahabad, Lucknow Bench dated January 31, 2014," CBI spokesperson Kanchan Prasad said here today.
She said first case has been registered against the then Block Development Officer of Charkhari, Kabrai, Jaitpur and Panwari blocks of District Mahoba, Lucknow-based private firm and unknown officials of UP Government and others.
The second case has been registered against then Chief Development Officer; the then Project Director, District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) of Balrampur district, unknown officials of UP Government and unknown suppliers, she said.
The third Case has been registered against the then Chief Development Officer, then Project Director, DRDA, both of Gonda district, unknown officials of UP Government and unknown suppliers and others, the spokesperson said.
"Searches were conducted...At Lucknow, Gonda, Balrampur, Kanpur, Jaipur and at one place at Orai. Rs 51 lakh in cash was recovered from the residence of then District Magistrate, Balrampur. Incriminating documents and articles have also been recovered during these searches," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?