CBI should probe the Muzaffarnagar violence: Ajit
Muzaffarnagar: Demanding a CBI probe into the Muzaffarnagar riots, RLD Chief and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh today alleged that the violence in Western Uttar Pradesh was a result of conspiracy between ruling Samajwadi Party and BJP for "polarisation of votes."
"The state government is not willing to handover the enquiry to the CBI to save its people," he said.
Ajit further alleged that the `mahapanchayats` are being "controlled by the BJP and SP men" and were held to incite communal tensions.
On the arrest of BJP MLAs for their alleged role in the communal violence here, Singh said it should have been done much before.
He also appealed to his party workers to restore harmony between the two communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics