CBI should probe the Muzaffarnagar violence: Ajit
Muzaffarnagar: Demanding a CBI probe into the Muzaffarnagar riots, RLD Chief and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh today alleged that the violence in Western Uttar Pradesh was a result of conspiracy between ruling Samajwadi Party and BJP for "polarisation of votes."
"The state government is not willing to handover the enquiry to the CBI to save its people," he said.
Ajit further alleged that the `mahapanchayats` are being "controlled by the BJP and SP men" and were held to incite communal tensions.
On the arrest of BJP MLAs for their alleged role in the communal violence here, Singh said it should have been done much before.
He also appealed to his party workers to restore harmony between the two communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II