CBI should probe the Muzaffarnagar violence: Ajit
Muzaffarnagar: Demanding a CBI probe into the Muzaffarnagar riots, RLD Chief and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh today alleged that the violence in Western Uttar Pradesh was a result of conspiracy between ruling Samajwadi Party and BJP for "polarisation of votes."
"The state government is not willing to handover the enquiry to the CBI to save its people," he said.
Ajit further alleged that the `mahapanchayats` are being "controlled by the BJP and SP men" and were held to incite communal tensions.
On the arrest of BJP MLAs for their alleged role in the communal violence here, Singh said it should have been done much before.
He also appealed to his party workers to restore harmony between the two communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried