CBI should probe the Muzaffarnagar violence: Ajit
Muzaffarnagar: Demanding a CBI probe into the Muzaffarnagar riots, RLD Chief and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh today alleged that the violence in Western Uttar Pradesh was a result of conspiracy between ruling Samajwadi Party and BJP for "polarisation of votes."
"The state government is not willing to handover the enquiry to the CBI to save its people," he said.
Ajit further alleged that the `mahapanchayats` are being "controlled by the BJP and SP men" and were held to incite communal tensions.
On the arrest of BJP MLAs for their alleged role in the communal violence here, Singh said it should have been done much before.
He also appealed to his party workers to restore harmony between the two communities.
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order