CBI team visits DSP murder spot, questions suspended cops
Kunda: A team of CBI, now here to probe the murder of DSP Zia-ul Haq and related violence here, visited the crime scene late this evening along with a suspended police officer to match the chain of events with the claims made by him about the incident.
Controversial Uttar Pradesh politician Raghuraj Pratap Singh, alias Raja Bhaiya, was on Thursday booked by CBI on the charge of murder in connection with the killing of Zia in Kunda in Pratapgarh last Saturday after the probe into the case was handed over to the central investigating agency.
CBI sources said the agency took suspended police inspector Sarvesh to the crime spot exactly at the same time, at about seven in the evening, when Gram Pradhan Nahe Yadav was killed at Balipur village to recreate the timing of chain of events with the claims made by him.
The team took him to the house of Yadav which was locked, and also the place where the bodies of the village head, his brother and DSP Zia-ul-Haq lay in the same manner, as he claimed in his statement, to match the timings of events with his claims, they said.
Raja Bhaiya, a five-time Independent MLA from Kunda, was named in one of the four FIRs filed by CBI on the basis of a complaint given by Zia`s wife Parveen Azad in which his name figured. He also faced the charge of criminal conspiracy.
Meanwhile, the agency today questioned three suspended police officers and the Station Officer who had filed FIR in connection with the murder of Zia-Ul-Haq, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption